- Look for Pittsburgh native Matt Conway (14-0, 6 KOs) appears to have plans in the work to make his return to the ring before the calendar flips to 2019.
The 23-year-old Conway who holds the IBA Intercontinental lightweight title told the crowd at the last Made Men Promotions card on Labor Day Eve that December was looking like the target for his next fight.
- Pittsburgh based trainer and promoter Mike McSorley teased on his social media that a fight announcement will be coming soon for middleweight Gerald "G5" Sherrell (9-0, 5 KOs) who is currently being shown on The Contender on Epix.
Sherrell, 25, from Pittsburgh, scored a third-round knockout victory in the latest episode in a bout against previously undefeated Quinavious Cash of Atlanta in about that was fought in May at the LADC Studio in Los Angeles.
- Pro boxing will return to the Priory Grand Hall in Pittsburgh on October 20 as Mike McSorely and his Integrity Fighter Managment will host what is shaping up for a great night of boxing with Ukrainian transplants Lyubomyr Pinchuk and Oleg Dovhun leading the way.
Also slated to be in action is 24-year-old light heavyweight Kiante Irving of Beaver Falls as the National Golden Glove champion will look to improve his record to 2-0.
We will have more on this card as matches start falling into place.
- 32-year-old Cleveland middleweight Michael Moore won his opening bout on The Contender which is currently airing on Epix.
Moore defeated 27-year-old Malcolm McAllister of Long Beach, CA by unanimous decision in a bout that was fought in April in Los Angeles at the LADC Studio but aired two weeks ago.
With the victory, Moore improved his record to 16-1 with 7 KOs.
- 28-year-old Cleveland lightweight Thomas Mattice will be in action next Friday, September 28 on Showtime as he will be rematching 22-year-old Los Angeles native by way of Armenia Zhora Hamazaryan (9-1, 6 KOs).
Mattice defeated Hamazaryan by a highly controversial decision in Sloan, Iowa back in September to improve his record to 13-0, 10 KOs.
- Akron/Tallmadge natives and brothers Jose and David Rodriguez will be in action on October 20th in Cincinnati at the Wyatt Arena.
Jose is a hard hitting 24-year-old middleweight with a 5-0 record with 4 wins coming by way of knockout while 23-year-old David is currently 1-0 having won his debut in March.
- Blue Steel Boxing Academy will be hosting a night of amateur boxing being billed as "Keep It In the Ring" at the City of Akron Balch Street Fitness Center this upcoming Saturday, September 22.